From 2 to 10 of July 2011 the 17th International Sailing Race "CYCLADES 2011" will take place, which is part of the official program of races of the Hellenic Sailing Federation (E.I.O.).
Along with the Greek sailing boats of all recognized categories (ORCi, ORC Club, ORC Club Non Spinnaker and IRC), foreign sailing boats and their crews are invited to participate in this race.
“CYCLADES 2011” ( 17th Cyclades Sailing Race )
2 – 10 July, 2011
PROGRAM OF RACE
- VOULIAGMENI - SYROS (Finikas): Saturday 02/07/2011 - 11:00
- Inshore Race (10 nm) - Finikas to Agathopes beach of Syros Island: 04/07/2011 - 12:30
- SYROS - PAROS (Parikia): Tuesday 05/07/2011 - 11:00
- Inshore Race of max distance 10 nm - Paros - Paros (Parikia): Thursday 07/07/2011 - 12:30
- PAROS - KYTHNOS (Loutra): Friday 08/07/2011 - 11:00
- KYTHNOS - PATROKLOS: Sunday 10/07/2011 - 11:00
The Islands we will visit this year are Syros (Finikas), Paros (Parikia) and Kythnos (Loutra). The local authorities, associations, nautical clubs and residents of these islands will welcome us in their traditional custom, including entertainment and acquainting us with their traditions and the monuments of their home.
During this period (early July) in the Aegean - especially in the Cyclades Island cluster - the weather conditions are usually favourable.
The Cyclades cluster is considered one of the finest vacation destinations worldwide, and one of the favorite sailing destinations.
The region combines natural beauty, clear deep-blue waters, traditional hospitality, and a highly-developed infrastructure for pleasure boats, as well as the characteristic Greek naval tradition, attracting both Greek and foreign visitors every year.
|2011 | Regatta Schedule