UNDER THE AUSPICES OF
Local PROFESSIONAL & CULTURAL CLUBS
CYCLADES 2019 "CYCLADES REGATTA"
(25th Cyclades Offshore Sailing Race)
June 29 to July 6, 2019
(organized by NOTK)
PROGRAM OF RACE
- Wednesday 26/06/2019 - 20:00: Deadline of Entry Forms submission
- Thursday-Friday 27-28/06/2019 - from 09.00 AM: Inspection of the yachts
- Friday 28/06/2019 - 20:00: Skippers' meeting at N.O.T.K. premises
- Saturday 29/06/2019 - 11:00: 1st Offshore Race FLEVES – SYROS (Ermoupoli) about 66 NM
- Sunday 30/06/2019: Free day
- Monday 01/07/2019 - 20:00 Awards ceremony of the 1st race – Evening festivities
- Tueday 02/07/2019 - 11:00: 2nd Offshore Race SYROS – IOS about 52 NM
- Wednesday 03/07/2019: Free day, Time 20.00: Awards ceremony of the 2nd race – Evening festivities
- Thursday 04/07/2019 - 11:00: 3rd Offshore Race IOS – SERIFOS (Livadi) about 44 NM
- Friday 05/07/2019: Free day, Time 20.00: Awards ceremony of the 3rd race – Evening festivities
- Saturday 06/07/2019 - 11:00: 4th Offshore Race SERIFOS – PATROKLOS about 45 NM
- Monday 08/07/2019 - 19:00: Arbitration of protests at the offices of N.O.T.K.
From June 29 to July 6, 2019 the 25th International Sailing Race "CYCLADES REGATTA 2019" will take place. This race is part of the official program of the Greek Open Sea Sailing Federation (EIO).
Along with the Greek boats, all foreign boats with their crews and all recognized categories (ORCi, ORC Club, ORC Club Non Spinnaker and IRC) are invited to participate in the race.
The Islands we visit this year is SYROS (Ermoupoli), IOS and SERIFOS (Livadi). Local authorities, associations, seafarers’ groups and residents of these islands, traditionally are our hosts and welcome us with a warm embrace. They make sure to entertain us following the local traditions and showing us the beauties and monuments of their region.
During the period of the race, the Aegean Sea and especially in the Cyclades region has usually favorable to sailing weather conditions.
The Cyclades are of the most loved destinations for sailing boats. They combine natural beauty, traditional hospitality, the appropriate infrastructure for yachts and the typical nautical tradition, charming both Greeks and foreign visitors.